Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
There have been occurrences where SF trained individuals and US military personnel have been on aircraft subject to hi-jacking. The result was usually they ended up being the first thrown from the aircraft onto the runway after being shot or stabbed.

I've bolded the key word here: Individuals. If someone tries to hijack a plane post-911, they are not going to be facing individuals, they are going to be facing a mob. A very angry mob.

Quote:

Here is some US government advise for what to do in a Hijacking.

http://ntc.doe.gov/curriculumareas/cita/ci_awareness_guide/T4travel/Hijack.htm

That needs to be updated.

Quote:

Now if in an emergency situation such as a airline hijacking and I had Cade Courtley in my face saying "I'm Cade Courtley and I'm about to save your life" I just know that my day has just gotten a whole lot worse. Now of course if the aisle was filled with Aberdeen Casuals, Millwall bushwhackers or even some Hells Angels then retaking the aircraft might be a different story.

You won't need Aberdeen Casuals, Millwall bushwhackers or Hell's Angels in the event of a hijacking attempt. You'll have a ready-made angry mob.

Never under estimate the power of a good old fashioned dogpile. Sure, someone is going to likely get hurt. That's why the dogpile is effective. Simple disparity of numbers. Active shooters have been taken down by a dogpile. People armed with improvised primitive weapons won't stand a chance.