I had to put my car in the shop last night with a leaking radiator hose. When I went to get it today (about noon), I decided I just didn't want to carry that bright red bag with me as I walked over to the mechanic. It's not bad neighborhood, but it's not a great one, either.

So I'm sitting in the office, waiting my turn, just idly looking outside, and I see a car run the stop sign and t-bone another!!!

After the first second or so of "Oh crap, did that really just happen?!", I checked that someone was calling it in, and headed on over (others were closing, too).

The whole way I was thinking "Please, please, please, do NOT make me regret leaving it at home!" It was just a city street collision, so it was unlikely there were any serious injuries, but still . . . .

Well, the one who ran the stop sign had no injuries or pains, while the other driver had pain in her shoulder. They ended up taking her to be checked out.

I came so close to taking it with me. Fortunately, I had no reason to regret it. This time.