Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
...I though the show was very good. Practical, thought provoking and for the most part realistic.

I agree. Sure, the concept of overthrowing the hijackers and landing the jumbo jet is pretty Hollywood (though grounded in the reality of 9/11). But I felt the individual pearls about dealing with the situation were valid and clearly came from the input of real practitioners. The prisoner control methods & the psychology behind them were accurate. The application of an occlusive dressing to a sucking chest wound was appropriate, and the point that a spontaneously breathing patient does not need CPR is dirt-simple but rarely highlighted on TV.

Mindset is more important than tactics, skill or equipment and the show highlighted mindset over all other factors. I especially liked how the host set the example of making the most use of other peoples' skills and abilities, and working to keep his cohorts calm.

I think this one episode has already put the show in a class beyond "Man vs Hotel" and I look forward to the future episodes.

Originally Posted By: Arney
...I think I might make a point to catch the next one, which is more near and dear to me--an office building fire.

Agreed, I feel that the structure fire scenario will be more widely applicable for most folks.