I was in this situation about 20 years ago. My girlfriend and I were up late one Summer night and we heard a plane fly very low over the house. A few moments later, we heard the engine roar and then a loud thud. We looked at each other in shock as we both realized what just happened.

At the time, we were living in a mostly forested area. From the sound, we had a rough idea of where the plane went down.

We scrambled around for flashlights and hiked/jogged out about a 1/2 mile to where we both thought the plane had crashed. It was a full moon, so it was pretty easy hiking.

Surprisingly, it didn't take long to find the plane. It was right where we guessed it would be. The flashlight beams reflected back from the white tail and half the fuselage that were sticking up out of the ground. It was a small single engine plane.

I sent my girlfriend back to the house to call the police and I proceeded to see if I could help any survivors.

When I got closer, I could see chunks of flesh and debris strewn about the site. The smell of fuel was heavy in the air. There was no smoke or fire. It was a gruesome sight.

Realizing that no one survived, I walked back to the house meet up my GF and the authorities who had just arrived at the house.