SCENE SAFETY!!!

Is the plane on fire? Fuel spill? Are you downwind and sucking in toxic fumes? Any hazard to yourself, and you're best standing back and staying alive. Don't become a victim!

OK, now assuming the scene is totally secure... I'd stop my car, with all lights on (headlights, E-flashers, everything) 30-50 yards before the plane, angled so as to block 2 lanes of traffic. Why? Scene safety! You occasionally see FF's killed when some jack@$$ drives past their engine and nails them.

Triage: number of patients? Breathing or not? Usually, if they're not breathing, you give one attempt at opening the airway. If they don't start, they're dead enough. Keep moving. Stop only to apply bandages to HEAVY bleeding and assess patients. If a person can follow commands, they're good enough. Once you have a rough idea on patients and severity, call back 911 and update them, so they can update the units responding and include more if needed.

I'd not move folks personally. treat the most serious injured first. Usually though, really injured folks need more than gauze and an IV, so it's kinda/sorta OK to pass up someone with a horrible internal injury in order to treat someone else - only because you can't really treat that internal injury with a FAK.

That's enough for now.