Hey Aardwolf,

I resemble and resent your post. I dont know whether to be amused or ashamed. I am admitted "gear queer" and I get quite a bit of razing at work about it. But, I am a US Marine and often times I carry my life on my back, or most often in the back of a Humvee, so space and weight are a premium for me. I need things that are small and light and serve dual purposes, and will stand up to the abuse of 6 weeks in the field.

I agree, this forum does become more about gear than anything else, but for me survival, both urban and rural, is a reality in almost everything I do. When I go to the field with my unit if I get sperated or hurt and I have to wait for them to find me, well I need to be able to live until they find me. If I get separated from my unit in the streets of some small town in a thrid world country, I need the items that will help me survive. Neither of these two events will happen hopefully.

The Marine Corps has taught me quite a bit about surviving in different situations, although I learned significantly more from the Boy Scouts.

I know how to take care of myself so anything (knife, tool, light, etc) that can help me out it much appreciated.

Sorry I didnt respond to your post, but I didnt feel I had much to add. And thank you for giving me a little eye opener as well. And by the way, you are no troll.

Garrett