Preface:
Gloria and I live in a camper. We have no other home. We left Maine in August of 1997 which makes this out 13th year on the road. Our preference is for the wild places. Of course there is no electricity in the wild places, so we have become very dependent on our solar electrical system.

For the most part, we have enough power to live a normal life. We have a 22” flat screen TV. Our internet connection is via satellite. We both have amateur radio licenses and use radio a lot. Our computer network uses power and so does our reverse osmosis water system. Because I did stupid things on motorcycles, I need to use a breathing machine (CPAP) when sleeping. All of this uses power.

My background is in technology and my work provided ample opportunity to learn about batteries and such. In Maine I had a very large battery bank driven by solar cells, so I have been messing with this stuff for a long time. Hopefully I have gained some useful information and techniques.

Powering a RV with solar has some unique issues. It is different than powering a home. So what I will provide here is my perspective on RV Solar.

I appreciate the opportunity to present this to the Equipped group for critical comment. I intend to eventually put it on my web site where it will be easy to maintain, edit and add pictures. It is a work in progress and I sincerely appreciate discussion on the topic.

I have done a bit of technical writing I had an editor that repaired my typos and misplaced punctuation. If you are a habitual proofreader I would welcome your corrections. Please do that via private e-mail so as not to clutter up the dialog. Use n1ahh.ron@gmail for that and any other comments that do not need to go to the whole group.

I will post this is sections so questions can be asked and discussed. So lets begin at the beginning.
---Nomad---