Sorry if my comment stirred a small conroversy

I am not really condemning the woman. I am just spelling my fear if someone who deals with matters of life and death goes on to make all such mistakes. That is scary.

After spelling my fear I went on to analyze the story from anothe rangle. The other half of my post contains an attempt to find some justification or clarifiacation to why she did what she did.

Phillip
You are right that there is generally no connection between her job as a nurse and survival skills in desert condition, that is not what I meant.

I meant that a professional is supposed to have a minimum level of intelligence to make decisions in perplexing situations. A medic has to figure out someone's problem and try to cure it before someone dies. An engineer has to analyze a complex situation with many (almost chaotic) nature and draw a plan to resolve it. A business or financial consultant ... you know the rest.

In addition to that, you can add her medical knowledge of what happens to humans in that kind of harsh environment and link it to her decision to take such a trip in that time of the year in ONE car, and NO OTHER ADULTS.

I will NEVER take this kind of trip even if I was WAAAY more prepared than her, 'cause I can't guarantee that a heart attack won't choose that time to flatten me and leave the kid alone in the middle of nowhere.

That is what I meant.

And sorry if I confused anyone
That was just my 1.5 ¢