Yes. It started with my wife, when she was still an elementary school teacher. I gave her a Victorinox Classic for her keychain. Initally, she just grinned at a typical "David" gift. When, shortly thereafter, she discovered how much she actually used it, she asked me to get her another for her desk. I got her a Super Tinker instead. With it, she was able to fix science projects, repair desks, and even impress the principal when he asked her if she had a Phillips screwdriver. (Nowadays, of course, this probably wouldn't be possible...)

My wife & I recently gave her cousin a Leatherman Juice as a high school graduation gift. She'll be attending college in a town a couple of hours from home, & will be on her own for the first time. She laughed about it as a typical "David" gift (see a pattern here?)

A few weeks later, the cousin told me she'd read an article in some magazine about "absolute must haves" for the dorm room. The exact Leatherman orange Juice we'd given her was listed, & she thanked me again. She doesn't know it, but she'll probably get a small FAK & a Photon when I can arrange it. :-)

Spread the word!!! The more people who have their own stuff, the less we'll have to share ours with them! ;-)

David