Originally Posted By: NightHiker
Ok I haven't read the other replies yet so at the risk of repeating what's already been said...

I've never bought their 7 day supply but I've had every single one of their individual meals and found them above average among freeze dried meals. They are my favorite backpacking & emergency meals (I'm not crazy about all the dishes but that's just a matter of taste).

Since I'm not sure exactly what's in the 7-day kit (and too lazy to google right now) I'm gonna guesstimate that 21 individual meals would cost more than $100 so it certainly sounds like a good value. Personally though I'll spend a couple more dollars to pick and choose my own menu based on flavors my family and I like. That also let's me have a bit more of a say in the calorie content, but that's just me - I tend to obsess over things like that.

Edit: I still havent read the other responses but - the meals generally take either 1 or 2 cups of boiling water (single verses 2 servings) and as for the weight, yeah 9 lbs sounds about right for that many freeze dried meal pouches.

That's exactly what I think I'm going to do, pick and choose my own menu from their stuff and just pay a little more for it. A lot of people have posted reviews of their entrees online.

For instance, all their entrees with eggs are supposedly VERY salty and end up runny. Plus there are some things they list in the kit that I doubt I'd eat under most circumstances.

Here's what comes standard in the kit:

Breakfasts: (1 per day)

4 - 8 oz. pouches of Granola with Milk & Blueberries
3 - 8 oz. pouches of Scrambled eggs with Bacon, Precooked

Lunches (1 per day)

1 - 16 oz. pouch of Rice and chicken
2 - 16 oz. pouches of Spaghetti with Meat & Sauce
1 - 16 oz. pouch of Beef Stew
1 - 16 oz pouch of Chili Mac
1 - 16 oz. pouch of Pasta Primavera
1 - 16 oz. pouch of Beef Stroganoff with Noodles

Dinners (1 per day)