Interesting article and interesting comments about it. Several thoughts came to mind as I read this. Bravo to the gentleman in Sacto. If that happened more often, the events would occur less frequently.

1. Tried by 12 or carried by 6, you choose. Personally I'll take my chances with a jury.
2. First rule of unarmed combat, NEVER be unarmed.
3. I don't carry a weapon because I want to shoot or kill someone. I carry because I don't want to be beaten, robbed, or killed and I won't let that fate befall my family or friends.
4. I want to die at an old age in my bed, NOT tomorrow afternoon on a downtown sidewalk as a victim of a drug crazed crackhead looking for his next hit.
5. It is widely known that "When seconds count,the POLICE are only minutes away". With no offense intended to my brothers in blue, I realize that they are as overworked as all other facets of public safety and severely understaffed. They can't be everywhere all the time.
6. If you see me running, try to keep up. It means that something really bad is about to happen behind me. Probably will go BOOM!!!
7. Memorize these lines: (1.)" Officer or Your Honor, I was in fear for my life. He/She said they were going to KILL me and I believed them." (2.) "I ONLY shot to STOP the threat". (3.) " I'm very upset now officer, I don't feel like answering any questions, please call my lawyer".

MOLON LABE RKBA