Originally Posted By: Roarmeister
Wow, so many! What's it like when it comes to updating the meds in each kit? How do you keep track of what has been used and remaining of you basic supplies?

A small zip-tie holds the zipper(s) closed, and makes a tamper resistant seal, there is a dated tag attached by the zip-ties. Each kit has a dated contents checklist in it, when the kit is opened stuff is used, and is replaced ASAP, and the kit resealed.
I've never had a problem getting past a zip-tie, I can tell at a glance if someone has been in a kit. I often deal with sharp knives, sharp tools, power saws and fire.
My Garage is 150' from my house, the bathrooms are on different floors. Experience has taught me a kit in the house does not help with cuts in the garage, or when in the vehicle. I take pain meds as little as possible, so meds in a kit are not used often at all. I check each kit, and my emergency bags on New Year's day (along with changing my smoke/carbon monoxide detector batteries), and each time change day.
Overkill for many, but works for me!
I also have a resupply cabinet in my master bath, which has boxes of ready use bandages and meds.

Edited by Stu (07/29/09 03:43 AM)