For many, many thousands of years humanity survived without A/C. I've been to a few Third World countries where 100+°F is the order of the day, pretty much all the time. Almost nobody can afford A/C yet life goes on. Just the way it did for a long time.

If you think you can't live without A/C then I don't quite understand what you are doing on a survival forum. Survival is all about getting through hard times. I don't see myself as a tough person and I can't stand heat as well as cold. Still, I've done a lot of hard manual labor in scorching heat, even hiked and climbed mountains with a heavy rucksack for fun... I have no A/C in the apartment and while it's not that far from 100° F these days I see little need for it.

I mean, this is just the way life is. You can't expect it to be nice and comfy all the time. Sure, make it easier for yourself where possible but not to the point that you grow dependent on all the things that make your life comfortable. On a few hottest days of the year I would appreciate having A/C. But I can do without easily and moreover, if it saves money and doesn't put any more unnecessary strain on the environment, I really don't need it. I even tend to turn off the A/C at work because I feel it's a real waste of resources. YMMV. wink