Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: Grouch
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I watched it last night and it was rather....sad. By day two of his seven day "test run" in June of 2008 he was crying and all out of focus from lack of food.

I fell asleep during the first half of the show. This is not to say that the show was boring... I was just dead tired.

Izzy, I remember him catching and eating a fish of decent size. Did the fishing go bad that quickly?

He made the mistake of eating too much fish. Then throwing a lot of it away into the river because he was terrified of bears. This guy is like petrified of bears. They gave him a Remington 870 for protection during the 7 day trial.

But from what I read they gave him a cut down 870, .308 Rifle, .44 Pistol and .22 Rifle for the 3 month trip. Also if you watch the small daily videos that are on NatGeo.com that are airing before the show airs? You see that this guy KNOWS NOTHING. He's climbed mountains and stuff, but really knows nothing about outdooring. I'm not sure if this will end well. His little daily text message diary entries are just so short, bleak and filled with negativity.

I am afraid he reminds me of "Grizzly Man" Timothy Treadwell just a littler bit.

Ya' know that one didn't end well.

Edited by Desperado (07/26/09 03:20 PM)

RIP OBG