Let’s says there is an attack in WDC. Let’s even say the river traffic has not been halted. You evacuate the WDC via your kayak by way of the Potomac and reach the Chesapeake. Now what? Where will you go? Do you have friends along the Bay that can take you in or must they travel to pick you up? Where will you meet?

It is likely that communications in the area will tricky at best. Hotels will likely be full. Evacuation centers may become your only option at that point in time. Will they take your dog? Are the ones along the Bay really where you want to end up? If you stay on the east bank of the Bay, further evacuation out of the area might be possible, although I suspect most road ways heading south will be jammed, heading north back towards WDC is not viable. If you head to the Eastern shore, your evacuations routes become very limited.

While it may be your only option, I think a whole lot of preplanning would be required for this option. I think better options would be to head north, south or west. If you can make it to Frederick (assuming we have not been evacuated), you can always stay with us, if you don’t mind the mess and possibly having to bunk with one of my daughters eekor camp in the backyard grin.

Pete