Howdy folks,
I would like to get some of your opinions/experiences for a waterproof case that I could use to store important documents.
I want to have crucial records and documents ready to grab and go, in the event of an emergency that forces us to leave home.

At home, I think fire is the biggest risk, so I would store the documents in my fire safe. If it's not too big, I would just keep the "case to transport" inside the fire safe until I need to grab it and go.
On the go, I reckon that water and grime is the biggest threat, so I'm looking for options to protect against that.

Something as simple as a ZipLock bag might be the answer; but I lean more toward some type of Hard Case for the best durability.

I am working to backup (digitize) all important documents to my laptop computer as well. It seems to me that having the paper documents, plus the electronic backup provides the most versatility and safety.

Something like this Pelican case might be a great option to transport both the laptop and the paper documents.

This is straying from my original goal, but I was also intrigued about the possibility of making an "everything pack" out of this Pelican tool chest , but I think the weight might be a limiting factor with that idea; the chest (unloaded) weighs about 40 lbs.

Anyway, enough of my rambling... what are the rest of you using or contemplating?