Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Originally Posted By: plsander
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
I am putting together a presentation for the National Order of the Arrow Conference...

Doug's presenting at NOAC?!? grin

I'm going to NOAC... anyone else going to be there?

I accepted based on commitments they made. However, I am beginning to have serious second thoughts, since nobody I had been dealing with will respond to either emails or phone calls. If they are not meeting their commitments at this stage, with promised assistance, I find it questionable whether to proceed. We'll see. Time is running out. So far, I am not impressed.

I know... I've been to 4 NOACs, once as a participant, three times as staff. I'm going as a participant again this year due to political BS in my local council.

There is supposed to be a youth (16ish to 21) planning and organizing each aspect of the conference, with an adult adviser 'advising' the youth. When you have a committed, capable youth combined with a committed, capable adviser then great things happen, but when they don't have those kind of people things become a mess.

All of my contacts in the staff are in IT. You are probably dealing with Training or TOAP. Hopefully they get their act together in time.