The Escape is not really that high off the ground. We just bought one in October 07. In fact, I was just out changing the oil and filter this afternoon. I put a Fumoto drain valve in (FINALLY got the right size [F-106 WITH F-106 standoff-adapter] just in case you're interested). Well, that is if we have the same size engine. Ours is the middle-sized one, is that 2.8L?? I'd have to check - I don;t have access right in front of me.

This vehicle has 18K miles on it and is averaging, accordng to the dashboard computer, 24.5 mpg. Not exactly the best, but pretty good for my wife's around town driving.

I don;t drive it enough to give you a run-dwon of its ups and downs, but my wife hasnt had any complaints. The only dealer service we've had is to have the radio/CD player replaced. Something went wrong with it, I don;t remember what, but they decided to replace the unit. Took them two trys to get a good one in there.

As far as driving, I like its responsiveness. There is a little road noise, but it's not overbearing. It's got good acceleration and cruises well on the highway.

Good luck with yours!