To PureSurvival-I take it you have Not lived in The USA! You write as if you have it All figured out,or perhaps,You only have you to,worry about!Have you ever Toiled, to own anything&Then have it taken from you?This is one of the Main states of mind,that is a constant,Before,During,&Afterwards of a Major Disaster,Even during/sustaining Injury thereof in many cases.I live in West Los Angeles presently,Bugging Out is Not an option,for Anything!I have lived in Georgia,Florida,Louisiana,Texas&Alaska,& have experienced Mother Natures wrath, in each of them.I have seen 1st hand how folks react,Before,during,&after Catastrophic Events.This is dagny's thread,she resides in the Metro area of Washington D.C.& It is a Quite unique area as far as the, mere Idea, of contemplating Bugging Out!What I am really attempting to point out is, the state of mind,during Evacuation/Survival in a Metropolitan area of The USA!WDC doesn't have the "Brotherly Love"San Francisco enjoys either,so relying on your neighbors,May Not be an option,not to mention the Horrible"Gun Laws".As Always,YMMV