The spyderco blade is a 50/50, which is at best a compromise. If you are cutting synthetic rope and webbing the serrations seem to cut better but if you are doing any fine work the plain edge is better. I carry a delica which is a little short for the 50/50 blade if i were getting a new one i would go with the plain edge. The plain edge is also less sinister looking in an office environment. I know i have mentioned this before, my little brother works in a office environment and he carries an all black fully serrated spyderco and the first time he used it in the office....It is amazing that the people that were the most offended are the first to ask "can you cut this for me?"

It takes a little practice to use the micra tweezers. If you open it extend the tweezers and close the knife, hold the body in your hand and with your index finger keep pushing the tweezers open. When the tweezers hit the stop the upper blade under your finger will be pushed into the lower blade. I hope this makes sense. The micra is more cumbersome to use than the executive but it doesn't have any parts to lose. But a executive is pretty invisible a micra is not. You do have the right idea though when someone wants to borrow a knife hand them the cheap one.