This is not about parasites hiding in the pores. Itīs about some nasty chemicals leaching from the bottle. The word of chemist is not satisfactory proof for me. There are probably other chemsists and sciencists that would disagree with this word. Itīs just an opinion. It may be valuable opinion but itīs not thorough research reviewed by other scientists.

Like I said when it comes to health plastic is no the best material in the world. New research in this field shows some interesting facts.

For example take a look at this analysis from Wagner and Oehlmann:

Quote:
Hormone-mimics in plastic water bottles -- just the tip of the iceberg?
March 26th, 2009

In an analysis1 of commercially available mineral waters, the researchers found evidence of estrogenic compounds leaching out of the plastic packaging into the water. What's more, these chemicals are potent in vivo and result in an increased development of embryos in the New Zealand mud snail. These findings, which show for the first time that substances leaching out of plastic food packaging materials act as functional estrogens, are published in Springer's journal Environmental Science and Pollution Research.

full article: http://www.physorg.com/news157285352.html

I am not saying here is a proof that old Nalgene bottles are dangerous. Maybe they are perfectly OK. I want to say that noone can be really 100% sure. I would be a little bit more sceptical than using strong words like crock of BS, scare, big farce etc.