Marty, I have given some more thought to your question. I was thinking you may want to consider a three vehicle option. It sounds crazy but work it over in your mind. First, look at what your DW needs for her daily use. It looks like her and three kids. Four passengers; total. Leave out the contingency of "random" passengers for now. I would stick with the smaller SUV/minivan option for her. Second, you have pretty much defined your direction. You will stick with the Jeep for now. However, a move to a quality used pickup or true frame-based SUV (think Nissan Xterra) is in your future. Third, the contingency option for more than 5 passengers needs to be dealt with. I would seriously consider a Ford Econoline van. They are a true multi-tasker. You will have room for an army if needed along with the capability to remove the seats and haul an army's worth of stuff. Also, you can camp in it if you desire. The van sounds expensive gas-wise, but when you are considering moving many people fuel efficiency gets left out of the equation IMHO. The UberVolksMover probably wouldn't see as much action as anticipated.

Feel free to disregard anything you want.

Standard Disclaimer

2 cents