Pretty much Philip, although coucous is actually a pasta, not a grain. (Teeeny, tiny pasta- it is a commonly assumed to be a grain, no worries.) Stored in an air tight container (like a Nalgene with a little salt for a desiccant) it will last as long as any other pasta or macaroni product- the evening before the end of the universe. :P

The cheeses are shelf stable, vacume packed, and processed, it has the same texture and most of the shelf life of velveeta. They are marked best by 12/09. They will get swapped November and eatten no later than New Years Eve. The salami and pepperoni are packed the same way, best by 10/09, and will be rotated out in September and used no later than Halloween probably. (Yes, I go to New Years and Samhain get togethers with stuff rotated out of my survival stash- most of my friends do it, so we get some pretty odd potluck. smile Fruit cake is forbidden at my friends' Beltane, though.)

The beef is canned in Brazil, and I've given it a use-or-destroy two years after the date it was canned. My other meats are US or Canadian packed, and they have best by dates for '11 or '12.

Everything with a best by date has it marked on the inventory sheet, which is in a sleeve on the top of the tote, and is rotated out no later than one month before that date.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.