Yes, it is boring and unimaginative in the extreme to see all the “M-16” clones out there. There seems to be an inordinate amount of interest in military type weapons or at least military looking weapons. This is fueling the design and production of so many firearms it is impossible to keep up. So, I don’t even try. It must be some kind of macho thing for those worried about their manliness who get some kind of rush from the Rambo inspired ripping loose in wasteful nonproductive full auto. Having done my military service some time ago, I well know the life of the soldier and fully realize it is for very young men and by that I mean, no one over 35 should apply! If you have gotten that far along in life you ought to be happy to enjoy peaceful pursuits that are more satisfying and just as exciting in a completely different way. I don’t want a combo firearm to look like some black “tactical” weapon. I want a well designed, practical, useful, adventuring/hunting firearm. Surely there is a market for such a thing!

Online I was observing different models of inexpensive 22 rifles just to see the different types of actions all ready in production. The Marlin 981T, at the bottom cost-wise, a completely utilitarian tube fed, bolt action (still black, though!) 22 caliber, anything goes plinker-hunter that any 15 year old kid in the 60s would have been thrilled to own. Why wouldn’t that action work with a single shot shotgun combo? If the barrel lengths were kept to 18 ˝ inches it would present a triple tube configuration which would be odd to most but very functional. The final product does not in my opinion have to look like any previously designed military type weapon. It only has to work well and not be too heavy to always hang it on my shoulder when I go into the bush. Is that too much to ask?