It does not appear that the design of the M6 is being picked up by another manufacturer for production, so we must conclude no more will ever be available. So, a redesign is the only possible option.

Like I said in my first post, I like the M6 but IF a new design must be devised, then why not work to improve its over all design and usefulness. It is true that there is no one model of survival firearm perfect for every environment. That is why I think one general design with several models offering differing configurations would be the ideal (as the Savage Combo series has done only aiming for half the weight or less). Offerings like: Mix 22, 308, 223, 44, 338, 30-30, whatever with shotgun options in 20GA and 12GA; even 410 if folks prefer. All of these models to be made from high tech metals, rubbers and polymers with ergonomic design, a short as possible like the M6 to minimize weight. A “Survival Combo Carbine” if you wish. Someone made a great marketing and usefulness suggestion: It would be great if it came with the red dot sight and already fitted with swivels and sling.