I like to think that I learned to shave at 40, for alot of years I either ran an electric razor over my face or scraped it with a mach3 and whatever shaving cream came in a can and advertised it was for sensitive skin, which is what I assumed I had. Nowadays as long as I take my time, my skin holds up like a rhino, and I enjoy the shaving ritual. Maybe shaving is wasted on the young...

I'll go with Art on this - I have the same knock off shave brush, more important than badger is to get it hot, wet, and take your time lathering your face, you could do that with a paintbrush if you had to. While I'd love to say I'm using my dad's old gillette double edge, truth be told I use disposable razors and Williams soap, and they do a decent job. Although truth be told after I picked up a cake of Taylor on Bond Street sandalwood on a trip to England I have to say it was a real treat for my skin as long as it lasted. And I only get 1 or maybe 2 shaves out of the disposable blade, I know you can do better but I only shave every third day or so, I have a job and a wife that tolerates 5 o'clock shadows.

All told I'm happier and better shaved than I was with an electric razor all those years.