I know this conversation's last week's news, but I had to comment! Don't know if homeschooling has anything to do with being sheltered, ROFL. You should see our gals in trees. Lighting fires. Cooking. Anyway, I work with one cluster of two GS troops and another with four GS troops, all homeschooled -- and have concluded that maybe some of the girls have no nerve endings. Yep. That's gotta be it! One family had to have two experiences with hypothermia to really get it. WET JEANS = NO FUN. NO RAIN GEAR = LOUSY TIME. Now I'm requiring Pack Check. Let's see if they bring it all tomorrow or not! Since I've hit the thrift shops with them twice, raided my own closet, and hit Freecycle for them, they'd BETTER BE PREPARED. All I've got to say for tonight. Cross your fingers if you're reading this.

PS: my canoe instructor told me, not two weeks ago, what to do when scouts bring Crocs or flip-flops boating (after you've told them not to and made appropriate gear FREE or cheaply available through various means). He said "duct tape their shoes on. Only takes one time. 'specially if they have hairy feet."