coffee is a drug inflicted on us by the masters of the industral revolution to get us away from the mug of beer that was the workers AM wake-up for centurys.coffee and the clock turned us into the assembly line drones we have become.
i still have my old Scot Grannys--rest her soul--Brown Betty that she used for company.other wise she boiled her loose tea in a small pot that never seemed to leave the stove top except to be rinsed..not washed..the only coffee worth drinking is made in a Chemex and i very-very seldom drink coffee out of the house.
a few times a year i get a hankering for C-ration coffee which was still avalible in the older MRE's..the brown packs that i saved out of several cases of MRE's that i broke down for canoe tripping back in the 80's.a few of the old packs go out on the canoe path as back-up's in case my fresh ground Peaberry runs out after a couple weeks..lake water from the highlands of the Hudsons Bay watershead makes the best coffee,it runs over the Shield Rock and thru the caribou moss..even although i have to carry the weight over the Devils Cascade portage i still bring a few gallons of that water back from every canoe trip..
what a hack this post is..i need a cup of coffee--