Originally Posted By: airballrad
Originally Posted By: Jeff_McCann
Well, thank God for fools. Without them, I might not have a job!

Amen! And yet, I often find myself wishing they weren't quite so foolish. Whether it is a computer program or a map and compass, I am amazed how poorly people prepare themselves with the tools they need in life. But they can show you all the features on their new iPhone. confused

There are many "Iphone" types like you mention that head out with little more than a smile, even when seeing things like this:

I was a volunteer years ago trying to hunt them down out there and bring them back on the Presidential Range. They didn't have Iphone's then, they didn't have much of anything. While some of them get into trouble with an injury, most were just people who went into something beyond their ability and experience. It's a huge adreneline rush when you find someone and it's a rescue, not so much when it turns to recovery. A very high percentage were situations that would have been avoided with proper preparation, only a very small handfull ever turned out to be incidents that happened when there had been proper training, equipment, and preparation.

- Ron