We just returned from the La Costa Spa and Resort. My girls were so excited to get to go to Legoland. Well, we figured Wednesday was the day since we had the most time on that day for them to linger and play. I purchased our tickets from the hotel concierge and caught a cab with the family. As we drove in, the cabbie said, "I am sooo sorry, but it looks like they are closed."

Great service #1, the cabbie stopped and called all around trying to find stuff for the kids to do and a place that we could go. Once we decided on the destination and were on our way, he called the hotel on his own to tell them that Legoland was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and we were not able to go.

Great service #2, we went shopping instead. What do you expect? I was with my wife and two daughters. When we got back to the hotel, we found a note from the concierge apologizing for selling us the tickets and saying that we were credited for the cost of the tickets plus a hotel credit for the cost of the cab fare. We didn't tell them and I don't recall the cabbie telling them. And we had some cookies and milk on ice waiting for us when we got back.

Great service #3, one of the stores we went to was Borders. My daughter had finished reading all of the books she brought and wanted more books to read on the plane. When I travel, I empty out my wallet so I didn't bring my corporate card. The cashier took a bunch of time checking his system to find it so I could get a discount. I was fully expecting to pay full price since I left my card at home and was also glad there was no one waiting in line. Heck, he even wore an aloha shirt!