Hi Folks,

Some excellent ideas here folks; I am going to try the reflective cord for use in camp and as lanyards.

About 10 years ago my younger sister worked as a chemist for 3M, they had a Factory Store and the entire family got really neat stuff for Christmas. One year she gave me a giant roll of orange reflective tape; I use that on a lot of my outdoor stuff and on the neighbourhood kids costumes at Halloween.

"Bright Eye Tacks" are something I (and many other hunters) use to mark the trail into a hunting location. They are thumb-tacks with a small piece of reflective tape on them, seen here but there are many other versions (white is the best colour). At dawn when walking into your stand (gun unloaded/encased) they are amazingly bright, much better than flagging tape. The trouble with flagging tape is that on public land other people walk into your location while you are hunting and spook the game.

I know of 2 people who have drove a truck over their firearms (one shotgun/one bow) because the lost them in the grass while setting up a spread of decoys or blind.

Mike