I sat thru several episodes. It's not quite as contrived as the Survivor series but it's a setup for interpersonal conflicts.

I find it interesting that these groups generally seem to dismiss and drive off the people who actually know the most about what they are trying to accomplish. Happens in Survivor and it happened here too.

The Guide who bailed was correct about the 50 year old slowing them down and ultimately forcing them to spend the night under tarps in the wind on the pass rather than somewhere safer because the group decided that it would be mean to force the 50 year old out.

Groups are wierd. It's better to all be ignorant and suffer together than to listen to someone more knowlegeable. All opinions are equally valid - even when they are wrong.

The lesson I take away from this is that you'd better pick your companions carefully and if you know a lot more than they do - don't share your knowlege. They won't be grateful and may get mad at you and bad things could happen after that.