In addition to the other junk I carry, I've recently finished assembling a micro kit in an approx. 2 3/8" x 1 5/8" x 5/8" Altoids "Tiny Tin". It is extremely small, and though I'll likely never need it, it feels good to have it just sort of for the principle of the matter. ;-)<br><br>It contains:<br><br>EMERGENCY DEVICES GROUP<br>-----------------------<br>1 button compass<br>1 single-edged razor blade<br>1 "Exacto" type razorknife blade<br>1 short (2") length of hacksaw blade<br>1 trick self-relighting birthday candle<br>1 B.C.B. wire saw w/ 2 split rings f/ handles<br>1 Done Right Mfg. "Sparky" magnesium/flint firestarter<br>4 B.C.B. "NATO Lifeboat Matches" w/ 2 cardboard (Coughlan's) strikers<br>1 Four Seasons Survival "Spark Lite" & 7 "Tinder Quik" waterproof tinders<br><br>WATER & FOOD GROUP<br>------------------<br>8 Schering-Plough "Puritabs" water disinfectant chlorine tablets (exp 3/05)<br><br>MISCELLANEOUS/MULTI-PURPOSE GROUP<br>---------------------------------<br>1 large safety pin<br>1 small safety pin<br>1 large paper clip<br>1 small paper clip<br>1 large sewing needle<br>1 small sewing needle<br>1 plastic covered wire "Twist Tie"<br>4 small pieces of "100MPH" tape (stuck to bottom of tin)<br>3' 3M "Scotch 35" orange vinyl electrical tape (sealing the lid of the tin)<br>5' Kelty "Triptease LightLine" 2mm spectra/nylon tent guyline (wrapped around tin)<br>4' 550# test 7-strand mil-spec paracord (wrapped around tin, over the guyline)<br><br>What I now realize is missing is thread! D'oh! And, maybe, a great big rubber band cut from a bicycle inner tube. Since that'll be wrapped around the outside, it'll add bulk. I'll have to see if it's worth it.