I have an Asus EEE 900 as my personal go-to computer when not home (don't store anything locally on the pc other then the OS, and use 32gb SD cards for my 'storage'). Currently using eeeBuntu for the OS (http://www.eeebuntu.org/) and loving it. Much better then the days of getting Ubuntu (or what your favorite flavour of OS is) and spending a few days getting everything to work on the Eee's.

I also have a huge 17" work laptop that I carry with me that weighs 12-16 lbs (depending on battery layout) but to use it its a pain. Thats where the Eee comes in for personal use.

I even have an SD card with a form of ubuntu, and complete app and db server, and other things... that is also saved as an image to redeploy at will for whatever odd ball personal project i'm working on. Next on my project list is to get vmware working the Asus 900 and see if I can get a couple VM's working off it (curious if it has the mustard to do it - doubt it, but going to try!).