Hi MDinana,

I did have some more survival type equipment with me that I wanted to test, but never had the time.

Other shelter items were an AMK Heatsheet and an orange leaf-trash bag. I should have used the trash bag to block the small opening at the rear-bottom of the shelter; it would have cutdown on the draft.

I should have tried the Heatsheet around 3.00am but just piled the wood on the fire instead. At the start of the night I was wearing my raincoat, lying on my rainpants/light daytime pants and had my thin liner coat over my legs as a cover. In the middle of the night I put on the liner coat and rainpants, that was warmer.

I used the thin foam seat cushion from my treestand under my back and nylon dry bag (containing GPS, Sat Phone, Camera) as a pillow.

The reflective All-weather Blanket did reflect/contain a lot of heat in the shelter, but I should have built it about a foot lower. It was also about a foot too short so my boots stuck out the end, live and learn.

The hunting season for varying hare is still open here so the gun is no problem. The only hare I saw was on the drive out but I was thinking of another type of "fast-food" then.

The land I was staying on is Public (Crown) Land, any resident can camp there for up to 21 days without a fee, at which time you have to move on to another location. There are millions of acres of this type of public land in Ontario.

Mike