that would be me----
Ebay has lots of good buys but with the yard sales comming on with spring you may want to check a few of those out first so you have some hands-on with your possible buy.

i got this one a few weeks ago for $5..made in March of 1969,the month i got out of the Army no less.the date will be stamped on the tab that holds the tank to the stove.

this old guy still had fuel in the tank and as how it had that used once abd re-boxed look to it i would guess the fuel was in there that long--check the rust from the fuel that i dumped out..with any old stove that has fuel i would do that,you don't want crud like that in the needle valve.
the pump will need a few drops of oil on the leather.

last is the fuel tanks on the newer models--all the stoves are the same as far as parts and how well they run. i like the older ones with light green paint and smooth finish from the 70's..the darker green,pebble top are mid 80's. but the photo shows the major change Coleman made and you might want to think about.they moved the fill cap to the center,rear of the tank where it could not be opened without removing the tank from the stove.this of course keeps fuel away from a hot stove if you have to top off half way thru a meal.
thats about all i can think of but i'll try to answer any other questions..

Edited by CANOEDOGS (04/29/09 06:39 PM)