Flashlight. I switch a lot between SF, Fenix, and Connexion. All have low modes around the 40-50 hour mark on one battery.

Knife. This may be on my LM Micra, or a stand-alone.

Cell phone. No charger, as it lasts days even with normal use.

Wallet. There's a small pen in the fold, but otherwise pretty standard carry stuff for a guy.

Really, that's what I carry with me daily. I used to carry a bic, some duct tape, mason's twine, a few tinder-quick and a mag bar, but it just sat on my hip. Right now I have a BSA Hot Spark linked to my Micra, and they're in my rt. front pocket everywhere, with a Surefire E1L in my lt pocket. Sometimes my LM Kick joins the party. I just wrapped 15' of dacron fishing line around another SF, but it's not being carried at the moment.

If you want the water, why not make a Camelback your daily carry? They have a variety of sized packs, from fanny packs up to 3-day backpack. Bladders from 24 (I think) to 100oz. It's not perfect, but a 100oz bladder is almost a gallon, right? Plus it'll shrink a bit in size as you use it, so you won't have a clunky empty container - just a nice rolled one with a hose dangling everywhere. They don't work well in sub-freezing temps I've found, but YMMV.