I have lots of "old favourites" like my SAK, Leatherman, custom hunting knife and whiskey travel bottle. But I think I am going to say my "classic", is a 20 foot length of 1/4" green cord. I found this piece of rope about 20 years ago and my work partner at the time called it "Bomber Cord", I suspect it is actually from the edge of a commercial gill net. It is very strong and just stiff enough that it does not tangle. I use it as the haul rope for lifting/lowering my firearm when I am hunting from a treestand. It is also the rope that I use to drag big-game out of the bush and tie them onto a vehicle. Evey time I lend it to someone I am careful to tell them not to cut it and that I want it back. After so many years and memourable trips I actually do maintenance on this length of rope, I clean it when it gets dirty/bloody and hang it up to dry, before I stow it away in my hunting pack.

It has got to the point now that my hunting partners do not even carry rope any more as they know I will have mine. They call it the "Gang Troll Rope" because in a certain steep gully where we are often successful, it takes the entire gang pulling on that rope to get a deer up the hill to the ATV at the top.

Odd but true "Classic".

Mike