Svea-123 gas stove. It just keeps on cooking. The jet-like roar tells me hot coffee and food are on the way.

Tinker SAK. Solid and adaptable but not overly huge.

Old style Leatherman Wave. It won't replace my tool kit but if you take it a bit at a time you can get lot done with it. I think they made a mistake adding the 'universal bit holder' on the newer Wave.

Discount store poly fleece. $10 top and $15 pants, Target, make great around camp or at home lounge wear. Wear them under rain jacket and pants and I'm good for the cold.

USGI poncho. It isn't perfect in any role. But it is quite versatile and does a lot pretty well. Rain wear, shelter, sleeping bag, ground cloth, body bag, stretcher, float.

USGI tri-fold shovel. A little heavy for hiking but if your digging you can get a lot done with these solid units.

Flat bar 16" to 21". A pry bar made of spring steel. If your situation might involve rescue or escape from a wrecked house; or extracting someone from a car; or digging through rubble; one of these is mighty handy to have. Light, cheap and compact enough to fit unto a pack they are a bargain.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=HT+BARS&TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=55-526&SDesc=21%26%2334%3B+Wonder+Bar%26%23174%3B+X21+Pry+Bar