I have older compasses I guess. The Suunto ones are by Suunto Oy, the Silva ones are from Finland too.

If they are not leaking oil and the card swings free they are all fine.
If the bubble is from a leak instead of just a vacuum formed by the oil shrinking in the cold they will likely rust inside.

I really like the Suunto KB that I have, but the Silva Ranger works well too.
I usually have the Silva Guide compass, model 426,(the same as the Suunto MCB) with me even though it is made like a disposable item.

I think I might still have an old aluminum Recta matchbox (I think the modern version is Suunto MB-6) compass around somewhere, but maybe it is lost.
It leaked on me and I think the needle rusted until you couldn't read it through the rusty oil.

I like the look of the Eclipse and the Cammenga but I really couldn't justify the cost when I have three compasses that work well for me.

Edit:
With the A-10 and similar pieces from Brunton you have a good reliable compass which works well on a map and the price is still reasonable.
You might not have quite as much accuracy taking bearings as with a sighting compass, but you are very likely to be close enough for any sport uses. The protractor card compasses were designed for orienteering instead of surveying.
It also makes a handy scraper to get the ice off your windshield after you have followed the compass back to your car.