A good group, bigger and honestly a bit more active as a group than ETS is as a result. Not as refined, and the fringe is a little more likely to stumble in, but it is very well moderated. Yes, there are some raging egos, and sometimes people have blowouts over quite literally NOTHING, and people have lost a lot of my respect for it, but there are a lot of people who take preparedness very, very seriously and are very good there. The big things to keep in mind is (a) Zombie Squad isn't very subtle, and (b) if you take the forum, the topic or yourself too seriously, you won't enjoy it. And if someone says "no, dummy, it wont' work, do it this way", it isn't personal.

There are a lot of cross posters. I'm not sure if this is the best way to describe the difference, so maybe others can help. *pokes Blast, JIM, Airballrad and a few others* I would say it is the difference between a classy, high end jazz club with 120 year old scotch and 80 year old wine, and a bar where there is sawdust on the floor, a cage around the stage and bouncer who looks like an extra out of Lord of the Rings. But both will toss you just as fast for talking religion, politics or paranoia. I've also watched both places mourn leaders, and take on emergencies. I'd like to think I have friends in both places, not just the cross posters, and I've got a as much respect in both as I have for both forums and their mods.

They are very similar, and very complimentary, even if ZS isn't always quite so professional. Another way of thinking of it is, ETS is what ZS will be when it finishes growing up. *laughs* Come on over, set up an account, and introduce yourself. Shoot PMs to a few people if you will, so the cross posters will know you are there. And just watch us.

I hope this helps. It is late, and I'm probably rambling.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.