Originally Posted By: Tom_L
Quote:
However, I think it would be awesome combined with a traditional SAK, as it addresses the things traditional SAKs tend to lack (locking one handed opening blade with a pocket clip, good pliers).

Yes... But then again, it wouldn't be that practical because you'd need to carry both a SAK and a multitool. I reckon it would make more sense to carry the Wave instead. It has all the tools in one package, so less bulk and weight.

It could have a few advantages:

-It allows you to tailor your tool selection to what you are doing.

-It gives you two separate blades, in case you loose one tool or need to loan one out, you've still got something.

I guess it depends upon what your needs and wants are.

In my case, I could see a use for this in my EDC. I usually don't carry a multitool anymore as part of my EDC, as I don't like the bulk and weight of the larger tools, like the Charge/Wave. Instead I opt to just carry a Benchmade 707 clipped to my pocket and a Swiss card Lite in my wallet. I could see myself replacing the 707 with this.

I wouldn't really loose anything over the 707, but I would gain a pair of pliers. Combined with the swiss card I would have a pretty substantial tool-selection, without the bulk of a larger multi-tool.