Quote:
However, I think it would be awesome combined with a traditional SAK, as it addresses the things traditional SAKs tend to lack (locking one handed opening blade with a pocket clip, good pliers).

Yes... But then again, it wouldn't be that practical because you'd need to carry both a SAK and a multitool. I reckon it would make more sense to carry the Wave instead. It has all the tools in one package, so less bulk and weight.

Anyway, I don't quite understand this fascination with "minimalist" multitools. Some of the newer models by Leatherman have really been watered down to the point where functionally, one would be better off with a plain SAK.

Is the negligibly reduced weight and size worth sacrificing all the tools that make the old Leathermans so useful? Looking at a Skeletool, I see a whole lot less bang for the buck compared to my Wave and it's basically the same size multitool. I won't even comment on that latest Leatherman. If you really want to go minimalist, why not just buy some decent pliers from the hardware store? I mean, you're going to get a lot better pliers than any possibly found in a multitool, at a fraction of the price.

Anyway, I guess I just prefer serious multitools packed with features. /End of rant... smile