Originally Posted By: Loganenator
MDinana was also looking at this knife as one of his choices to upgrade his primary survival knife. I wonder if he ended up getting it. smile

This knife shares many similar characteristics with the Fallkniven S1 forest knife. smile At half the price and made in the USA it will definately make it into the list for knives I recommend. smile

Cheers,
~L

Actually, I didn't. I kind of got onto a Mora kick after the suggestions on my thread. Played around on RagweedForge for a few weeks. Finally bought his Brusletto Kniven. http://ragweedforge.com/brus-k.jpg I also got a 5" Mora that I'm going to throw a handle on next month.

I figured, like some mention on this thread, that the Mora knife has evolved for arctic/northern environments. Since my initial thread was aimed at a knife for Alaska, I figure I'd stick with it (though the Ulu is interesting). It's in my luggage right now.

Having said that, I'm moving to Virginia in a few months. When my salary starts climbing, I can hopefully still pick one of the BM's up, since it does look like a great knife. Plus, not really arctic down south there, y'know? I might find that that blade profile isn't the most ideal.