Thanks for the thoughts so far guys.

I plan on wearing clothes in addition to this smile So, I'll already have gloves and liners on; the mittens are shells only. I know from this past January that my mittens are great down to about 20 degrees, and the shells worked great down to 5 (the coldest I tested them). Great idea on the leather shell or nomex. I'll hit the Army/Navy tomorrow and see what they have.

The baclava is one of the ones that covers head/neck/face. I'll be packing a scarf in addition to that.

Forgot the sheath knife! D'oh! I'll be carrying a small Mora, and probably my new Brusletto knife too. Been debating buying a small sierra saw, but might break down tomorrow. And I have a SAK already mailed to myself, to pick up when I get there.

FAK..D'oh again! My girlfriend has my small day pack; some stuff is in there. It'll get in there before I leave. Same with the whistle (which I think I added already)

Good call on the cup - I have a 1qt. titanium pot I can toss in there, as well as a collapsible platypus canteen (in addition to my metal one)

Tinder is with the sparklight, I even added 5 more pieces, cut in half. Duct tape is already packed (small red roll in last pic)

I decided against bringing a firearm. I'll be housesitting for most of the time, and if they have a firearm, great. If not, well, I'm boned if I need it. Just too much hassle with TSA, extra baggage charges, carrying it with other bags, etc.

Izzy, the drink packs are First Strike Rations. Got them from Brigade HQ when they offered them for a while. And, like you, I'd really like to see them made public too!