Tia,

First of all let me welcome you to the forums. I encourage you to visit, ask questions and contribute to the group. The forum has a number of Boy/Girl Scout and youth group leaders, adult volunteers and many knowledgeable individuals from all over the world who are always willing to share their knowledge, thoughts and experiences with all.

Secondly and on a personal note, it is very heartwarming to realize in some small way, we have contributed in a positive way to the development of a young girl or boy and their ability to be self-reliant and prepared for life’s little journey.

Hopefully, you are aware of the upcoming programs to support the “Teens in the Timber” event. I will be presenting another workshop, this time on fire making and shelter building, so hopefully you and your troop will have an opportunity to have some hands-on experience making fires and shelters (and get some freebies) before the “big event”.

Teens in the Timber

I would be happy to share the PowerPoint presentation and will e-mail it to you.

Pete