Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Originally Posted By: massacre
Any thoughts on rolling out your own turned titanium whistle like one of Atwood's? When I finally conjured up the money to buy one of his, he got out of making whistles entirely and I missed out. So it would be nice to see something high quality in a larger production run (which is obviously not what Atwood Knives is about).

Unlikely. Just not a big enough market for mass production and no significant practical advantages to use titanium for a whistle beyond the cool factor. There is someone in New Zealand who is working on a run of titanium whistles that should come to market before long, but won't be cheap. Not Atwoood expensive, but not even close to reasonable...for a whistle. grin

Even so, that sounds nice! Hopefully when that happens it gets posted here (*hint* *nudge*) grin . Yeah, the cool factor was about the only reason for titanium, but Atwood stopped making them altogether and the steel ones were gone as well. Maybe the word "cool" shouldn't apply... my friends give me no end of grief for carrying a whistle. Everything else they think is fine. Just not a whistle as it has little practical use to carry every day. :-)