HIGHLY recommended...
Storm Gourmet: A guide to creating extraordinary meals without electricity by Daphne Nikolopoulos. ISBN 9871561643349...$9.95 Got this after the spate of hurricanes in Florida recently. Very good, and the best part is the shopping list of staples to have on hand. Recipes are good, and if you have children having them help can ease the tension and make them feel better, cuz no matter what, kids are the most vulnerable. They need to know they are safe. Recipes can be modified for regional tastes and food availability.

Hurricane guide: Be ready, be safe...ISBN 9780978592615 $9.95.
Again worth it's weight just for the lists of items to have in any bugout kit....like DVD/thumbdrive/external HD backups of critical documents and photos. Because of this book, I have four storage bins packed ready to go in case I have to leave suddenly. Like last year, the fires in Florida got within 3 miles of my house, and I had them packed in my car just in case I couldn't make it back home. Not reaaly for hurricanes exclusively, but this is the book that got me started on the survival/self reliance kick.