Hi Paul810,

I agree with you that a studded track would solve my problem of going into spins on glare ice. I was told in the past that my sled, a 2006 Ski-doo Expedition TUV 600 Liquid could not be studded due to the in-tunnel cooling system. I did a search tonight and there is one listing for studs using tunnel protectors, I will have to explore this option?

The other problem I have with the regular (unstudded) track and carbide runners is if you stop on glare ice the carbides bite in and the track just spins around without traction. You end-up stopped on a completely flat, snowfree surface. This problem is worse when loading the sled on a ramp into a truck if the area is icy. You have to take a run at it, then mash the brakes as you reach the top of the ramp or you will slam into the rear cab of the truck.

I do not know how much more snowmobiling I will be doing this season as the doctor put me on light-duty till my concussion/headaches go away. I will look at studding the snowmobile track for next season.

Thanks, Mike