Originally Posted By: Tom_L
Interesting, very much like a British issue Mk. II pattern kukri (late WWI-WWII period). I have an original in my collection, an absolutely wicked, heavy duty chopper. Slightly wider blade, curved rather than angled spine and a slightly curved rather than straight grip, though.

For chopping harder woods, felling smaller trees, limbing etc. it's the kind of kukri that will outperform any machete. Tora (UK-based) makes a very close replica but I didn't know about the Khukuri House version before. Glad to hear you're happy with it, looks like a well made knife!

If I remember correctly, they said it was patterned after the 18th century military versions.

It is full exposed tang and could do with a little file work to make the metal flush with the wood, but it never bothered my hands for some reason.
Made quite well(except for the tender pouch which looks like it is made out of paper thin cardboard).
For some reason they put a pencil in the third pouch instead of the triditional blow tube(for helping to start fires)! confused

Edited by jamesraykenney (03/12/09 09:35 PM)